This has to be one of my favorite weekend treats. The cookie skillet for 2 recipe is one of the most satisfying desserts. It’s soooo much better then a cheap treat fix. It’s well worth sharing the calories with a partner in crime. You get the best of both worlds: the warmth of a freshly baked cookie with the cold richness of ice cream.
After some experimenting my husband I have come up with our take on this yummy treat. I love how there are no leftovers to tempt us the next day. I also love how for a homemade treat it hardly takes any time to make.
- 2 T Butter
- 1 T Butter flavored shortening
- ¼ C Brown Sugar (packed
- 2 T White Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ C Flour (plus 1 - 2 T depending on consistency)
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ C Quick Oats ( plus 1 - 2 T)
- ¼ C Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 T Regular Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 T Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Melt butter and shortening together.
- Add sugar, egg yolk and vanilla, cream together.
- Mix in dry ingredients till dough pulls away from sides of the bowl.
- Add all the chips ( you might need to use our hand to knead in.
- Grease 6" cake pan, pack in dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (don't over bake) top of cookies should look done.
- Serve immediately with ice cream on top (be careful not to burn yourself on the pan)