This wonderful recipe is perfect for a cool day. The Best Minestrone Soup Recipe is a concoction of spices and herbs. This hearty soup can be made vegan friendly by swapping out the chicken stock for vegetable.
The Best Minestone Soup Recipe
- 1 Cups of sliced yellow onions
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Cup chopped carrots
- 1 Cup of green beans , trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 or 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups of crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 Cup of elbow pasta
- 1 Can of kidney beans or any combination of beans
- 32 Ounces of chicken stock
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of oil
Heat oil in a big stock pot or pan and fry the onions and garlic till the onions turn translucent.
Add the carrots and celery and fry till fragrant.
Add the crushed tomatoes and beans, season with salt, pepper and oregano.
Lastly add the pasta and the green beans and pour in the chicken stock. Check for seasoning. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, till the pasta softens.