This wonderful recipe is perfect for a cool day. The Best Minestrone Soup Recipe is a concoction of spices and herbs. This hearty soup can be made vegan friendly by swapping out the chicken stock for vegetable.
The Best Minestone Soup Recipe
- 1 Cups of sliced yellow onions
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Cup chopped carrots
- 1 Cup of green beans , trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 or 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups of crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 Cup of elbow pasta
- 1 Can of kidney beans or any combination of beans
- 32 Ounces of chicken stock
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of oil
- Heat oil in a big stock pot or pan and fry the onions and garlic till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery and fry till fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and beans, season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Lastly add the pasta and the green beans and pour in the chicken stock. Check for seasoning. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, till the pasta softens.
- Serve hot.