How to make a ribbon book mark, a handmade gift idea
This content contains affiliate links or sponsored elements, read our Disclosure Policy.
I’m Fenna, the designer behind FABulous Home Sewn (FHS Patterns).
I’m a Christian, stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of five, and the wife of a dairy farmer up in the rather cold province of Alberta, Canada!
As an avid sewist and blogger, I’m super excited to share with you a quick and easy homemade gift.
What you’ll need:
2 x 30″ lengths of ribbon
1 large bead
4 smaller beads
Large needle (to fit the ribbon)
2. Slip the big bead onto the ribbons and slide it to the center.
3. Fold the ribbons down and stitch as close to the bead as you can get on your machine.
Or, hand-stitch it about 1/4″ away from the bead.
4. Slip a small bead onto each of the ribbon ends.
5. Tie a double knot to keep the beads from slipping off.
6. Using a flame, singe the ends of the ribbon to keep them from unravelling.
You now have a bookmark that can mark 4 places in a book!
It’s great for your Bible, a text book, or any book where you need/want to mark more than one page.
Thanks for having me, Angel!
Some of my designs include:
You can find all the current tutorials here:
Handmade Gifts in a Flash: Your guide to making & giving joy!
Get lovely ideas for fast homemade gifts sent right to your inbox!