My husband’s professional background is in Cosmetic Chemistry. So for fun he likes to play “chemist” in the kitchen and come up with all kinds of yummy treats. Great for my taste buds, not so great for my waist line. I just had to feature this great creation he came up with. He originally was going to make a jello cake but decided to try something different instead! i love the combination of berry and chocolate. What’s your favorite berry combination?
Foodie Friday: Aaron’s Amazing Raspberry Cake
- 1 chocolate cake box mix ( or my mom’s goodie mix)
- 1 12 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz of cream cheese ( softened)
- 1/3 can of 12oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small box of raspberry jello
- 1 16 oz tub of cool whip
- Jelly roll pan
- Bake the chocolate cake in the jelly roll pan according to the directions. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Melt the bag of semi -sweet chocolate chips in the microwave (take care not to burn chips by over melting) Add the softened cram cheese to chips and mix.Then add 1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk, mix Then spread mixture on cake, allow to cool completely.
- Mix the package of Raspberry jello and 1 and 1/2 cups of boiling water, mix until jello is completely dissolved. Then add the entire tub of cool whip, mix. Place mixture in fridge to begin to set, for 1/2 to hour. After mixture has cooled and is not runny, spread on top of chocolate mixture on cake. Keep cake cool until serving.
- Cut out cake with cookie cutter for extra style points, or serve as normal.