I’m going to honest, these are Evil. Yes evil with a capital E. Imagine the world’s best cookie, then slather it in peanut butter and top it with mini candy. You would think that it it would be too much, but it’s not. You’ve been warned! So I am not responsible for you getting addicted to these. Or your friends, co-works and neighbors. One of my favorite things about this treat are the mini Oreos, Kit Kats and M&Ms that melt into the peanut butter. Making a siren’s call of flavors that will beckon you for seconds.
Cookie Candy Bars Recipe
- 1/2 C salted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 C butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C flour
- 1.5 C oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2/ tsp baking soda
- 1 C mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C large semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C butterscotch chips
- 1.5 C peanut butter
- Suggested Toppings:
- 1 C mini Kit Kats
- 1 C mini M&Ms
- 1 C mini Oreos
- 1 C Heath bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, and shortening.
- Add the white and brown sugar to the creamed mix (mix well).
- Add the egg and vanilla to the fat and sugar mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Gradually mix into the fat and sugar mix (additional flour 1/4 - 1/ C may need to be added for right consistency. Should be sticky but pull away from the sides of the bowl).
- Fold in the mini chips and large chips ( or M&Ms). Do not over mix as this will cause the mini chips to melt in the batter.
- Pat mixture into a greased 18 by 9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes,
- Pull out mixture. Allow to cool for 5 Minutes
- After 5 minutes of cooling drop mini spoon fulls of peanut butter evenly over the top of the bars. allowing it to melt. Then carefully spread peanut butter evenly over the bars creating an even coating. Then disperse all the mini candy over the top.( the center might sink a little creating a trough for the toppings). Allow to sit for a minute and then place bars in the fridge to set.