Is anything better than shortbread during the holidays? This wonderful treat is rich sweet and perfect with a hot beverage. This twist on the classic shortbread has nice mix of spices added to it for interest.
Spiced Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter , cut up
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. In a food processor add the dry ingredients and cut-up cubes of butter to it and give it several pulses till it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Take it out of the food processor onto a floured surface and knead it into a dough. Shape it into it into roughly 8 inch circle, about 1/4 inch in thickness. Take a knife and cut into wedges. Poke holes on the surface using a fork. Crimp the edges if you wish. Chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Arrange on the prepped cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes till the edges turn golden brown. Take it out and using a knife cut the wedges while it is still warm. Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack before serving