Learn how to make Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix (Best Ever!). Normally I like to bring you tried and true recipes that I have used over the years. But this week I did something different. I experimented, I researched and I perfected to bring you what I believe is the Best Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix ever! I had to answer a few key questions as I began making the perfect recipe.
How do you make hot chocolate from scratch?
There are many methods to making hot cocoa one is just breaking up a chocolate bar in warmed milk. But after experimenting I’ve found that the addition of different ingredients and favors in a mix provided a more satisfactory hot chocolate drink.
How do you make hot chocolate mix better?
by thinking beyond the regular powdered cocoa and dry milk box, your hot chocolate mix can become so much better! For example this recipe uses those ingredients along with and assortment of chocolate can make for a more pleasing Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix.
This recipe is a little more milky and lighter than my other gourmet hot chocolate mix recipe. That recipe is richer and used more dark chocolate. This one is has a more milk chocolate feel to it and is more suitable to little one’s pallets ( nd those that don’t love dark chocolate)
This recipe calls for:
white chocolate chips
bar of chocolate that is 60% cacoa
Box of chocolate pudding mix
non dairy creamer
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix (Best Ever!) Recipe
Step 1 – Gather your ingredients
All of the measurements for the ingredients are listed below.
Take the chocolate bars and white chips and place them in a blender or food processor.
Blitz until there are no large chunks left (the smaller pieces melt better).
Step 2- Make the Mix
Bring all the ingredients together in a bowl
Don’t forget to add the salt!
Instead of a bowl you can also mix ingredients in a zip lock baggy and store it there.
Step 3 – How to use the mix
Now that the mix is made it’s time for the fun part – Hot Cocoa!
Add a 1/3 of a cup of the mix to 1 cut water or milk and warm to your desired temperature.
Stir to help the chocolate melt into warm comfort!
Will also work in the microwave!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix (Best Ever!)
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 bar 60% cacoa ( about 2 oz - i use Ghiradelli)
- 1 box of chocolate cook and serve pudding (NOT instant)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups dry milk
- 1 cup non dairy creamer
- In a food processor or blender blend the white chocolate chips and chocolate bar until a fine powder (not large chunks)
- In a large bowl with a lid or zip lock bag combine all ingredients. Put on lid or close bag and shake thoroughly until completely mixed.
- To make Hot Chocolate: Mix 1/3 cup of mix with 1 cup water or milk. Place on stove and bring to light simmer while stirring constantly. For microwave mix mixture and liquid in microwave safe dish, Zap for 1 minute, stir thoroughly. Zap for another minute (bringing mixture to a boil) stir again and allow to cool. Enjoy!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Ultimate Gourmet Hot Mix
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Candy Corn Cocoa Recipe
- Hot Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- All of my Hot Chocolate Recipes