Seriously what is there not to love about a Sweet Potato? They have this gorgeous color. And they taste amazing. Now add a little sugar and spice and you have a killer side dish. So often I think it’s easy to get the marshmallow and sweet potato rut. Well this recipe gives you a different twist on a sweet potato.
Pecan Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons butter , cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil; season with coarse salt.
- Transfer half the potatoes to a second baking sheet; cook both sheets until potatoes are tender, tossing occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bake until sugar is caramelized and hard, about 10 minutes.
- Gently toss; serve immediately.