The groundhog’s made up his mind – six more weeks of winter! At least this yummy soup recipe will make up for the cold weeks ahead. Today I’m sharing this wonderful Potato and Kale Soup with Sausage Recipe. This wonderful mix of spiced and hearty ingredients are perfect for a chilly winter’s night.
Potato and Kale Soup with Sausage Recipe
- 1 lb Italian Chicken Sausage (without the casing)
- 1 small bunch of green kale , chopped
- 3 Cups of cubed potatoes or 2 russet potatoes , cubed
- 1 red onion , sliced
- 2 fat cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp oregano (or your choice of spices)
- 4 Cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup of milk
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Fry the sausage in a pan till the pink is gone. Use a slotted spoon and transfer it to a plate lined with paper towel. Discard some of the oil from the pan and to the remaining add the slices onions, grated ginger and minced garlic. Fry till fragrant and add the cubed potatoes along with your choice of spices. Fry for a minute and add the sausage back.