It’s Ashlee again! It’s fall, which is my favorite season! I love the fresh crisp air, the beauty all around, and the excuse to eat tons of comfort foods! One of our family favorite recipes is Manicotti! Hello tons of cheese and carbs? doesn’t get much better!
Have you ever tried to fill traditional manicotti shells? No only are half the shells broken when you open the box (grrr so frustrating) but then I tend to split the other half of the shells when I attempt to fill them! SERIOUSLY, makes me want to pull my hair out!
SO a few years ago I started using Jumbo Shells instead! They already have an opening so I just use a large spoon to scoop the filling inside, SO EASY! AND the shells are the perfect shape for holding, what I consider, the perfect amt of cheesy goodness.
Manicotti stuffed shells
- 1/2 pkg Jumbo shells
- 15 oz ricotta
- 2 C mozzarella (shredded)
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 C spaghetti sauce (I use a jar of Classico sauce
- preheat oven to 350
- Cook the shells according to the packet directions, strain and let them cool.
- Mix cheeses, rosemary, salt and pepper
- fill the shells with a spoon.
- Pour a little sauce in bottom of 9x9 pan, put the shells in, pour rest of sauce on, sprinkle extra cheese on top.
- Cook 20-40 min at 350. It's simply to warm it completely.
- I just watch the sauce, and when it starts to bubble it's done.
I ALWAYS make a double batch, but I have a big family (5 kids) and my boys will each eat 5-6 of these shells! Out of the 30 shells we might have 3 leftover!
I hope you love this manicotti recipe as much as we do! And here are some other delicious comfort food recipes for the fall!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies | Creamy, Warm Pumpkin Drink | One Hour Breadsticks
Handmade Gifts in a Flash: Your guide to making & giving joy!
Get lovely ideas for fast homemade gifts sent right to your inbox!
Leave a Reply