Cinnamon Apple Scones Recipe for Fall
This content contains affiliate links or sponsored elements, read our Disclosure Policy.
Can you imagine having your entire house smell like these? Eating these on a chilly day, sharing them with a neighbor? These scones are the perfect taste of autumn. While scones sound fancy they’re very easy to throw together and are perfect with your hot beverage of choice.
Cinnamon Apple Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large tart apple , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Gently pat dough into a 9-in. circle, about 1/2 in thick.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Handmade Gifts in a Flash: Your guide to making & giving joy!
Get lovely ideas for fast homemade gifts sent right to your inbox!