This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StouffersHoliday #CollectiveBias
The craziness of the holidays is upon us! Family, friends, gatherings and good times. It also means lots of meal planning and cooking. I love holiday meals that look impressive but are easy to throw together and don’t take forever to prepare! The classic combination of lasagna with breadsticks is a crowd pleaser. These restaurant style breadsticks are easy to make, compliments NESTLÉ® STOUFFER’S® Family Size Entreés, look amazing, and can be made in under an hour!
This recipe also has a “crafty” element to it – that involves putting the breadstick on dowels and displaying them. Since these breadsticks are on an actual stick they make a great looking display in a vase, cup, or foam base.
To prep for my meal I headed over to my local Walmart to pick up some ingredients and a STOUFFER’S® Family Size Entreé, Lasagna with Meat Sauce (it’s on Rollback until the end of December). You can find it in the freezer family meals section.
Restaurant Style Breadsticks Recipe Tutorial
- 5 1/4 cups white bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 T Salt
- 2 T instant acting yeast
- 2 T soy lecithin
- 2 cups very warm tap water
- 12 inch dowels
- cooking spray
- Italian bread sprinkle
- 2 T melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the water and soy lecithin.
- Dough should be on the sticky side, if it's not add a little more water.
- Cut dough into strips that are about and inch and a half wide (a pizza cutter works great for this part).
- Take each strip and wrap it around a dowel tightly ( be sure to leave room on the bottom of the stick for holding..
- Allow to rise for 18 tp 25 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet ( if they don't cool they will fall off the stick)
- Display the breadsticks and accept compliments for awesome baking skills.
Once the breadsticks have cooled, stick them in a vase or a Styrofoam base (the one in the picture is three discs put on top of each other and spray painted.
Do you have a go to meal during the holidays? I would love to hear about it – tell me in the comments below!