My husband likes to call this time of year “pumpkin season”. It’s truly the season of dessert and dishes that are pumpkin. My Darling Husband likes to experiment with various pumpkin dishes through this time of year some are amazing ( like his pumpkin cheesecake) other have been a total fail (like the pumpkin pancakes that would not cook all the way through no matter how long they were on the griddle – I still like to tease him about it).
But this recipe is a most definite success. Very easy to make and your house smells AH-MAZE-ING while it’s in the oven. The pumpkin and spices blend with the apple for a smooth and satisfying cobbler. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 large can of apple pie filling
- 1 - 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- ½ c oatmeal
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ c butter
- Combine first first three ingredients and put in a 9 by 13 pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl - cut in the butter and place crumble on the top of cobbler.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!