I used to think that I made awesome chocolate chip cookies. But now… I have to say that this is my favorite cookie recipe! This super soft chocolate chip cookies recipe is to die for. My husband (the cosmetic chemist) sometimes applies his work to baking. In cosmetic chemistry process is equally as important as the ingredients. The same can be said for baking. The right process can make or break a good recipe. With these cookies while the ingredients are important, so is the process. So be sure to follow and process properly every time and you will end up with an amazing cookie every time! This cookie is made with large chocolate chips (or M&M’s) combined with mini chocolate chips for the perfect amount of chocolate goodness. Trust me, this recipe is about to become your favorite.
Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 C salted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 c butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2/ tsp baking soda
- 1 C mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C large semi sweet chocolate chips ( or 1 c M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, and shortening.
- Add the white and brown sugar to the creamed mix (mix well).
- Add the egg and vanilla to the fat and sugar mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Gradually mix into the fat and sugar mix (additional flour 1/4 - 1/ C may need to be added for right consistency. Should be sticky but pull away from the sides of the bowl).
- Fold in the mini chips and large chips ( or M&Ms). Do not over mix as this will cause the mini chips to melt in the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, leave on sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.