Is there anything better than the combination of chocolate and peppermint? This wonderful combination of blondie, chocolate and peppermint are sure to be a new holiday staple for the cookie plate! The recipe comes together quickly, and the top layer of melted chocolate, peppermint candies and M&M’s is to die for.
Peppermint Blondies Recipe
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 Cup of 1 stick of butter
- 1 large egg , at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ofpeppermint extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- For the peppermint-chocolate layer:
- 3/4 Cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of assorted peppermint candies - candy cane/peppermint M&Ms , peppermint bake
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and line a 8 inch or 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Melt butter in a medium sized microwave safe bowl, and stir in the sugar till melted. Whisk in the egg, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and salt till smooth. Now add the flour and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips
Pour into the lined pan and bake for 20-22 minutes till done. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips and using a spatula spread it out evenly once it starts melting. Throw in the pepperminty stuff while the chocolate is still warm. Let it cool down completely before cutting into squares.