This Thanksgiving Home Decoration is a wonderful addition to you mantle. With simple farmhouse styling this platter is easy to put together and pops against fall colors.
For this project you will need:
Light grip mat
Large platter (I found a large plastic one on Clearance)
Chalk paint (if you want to change the color of your platter)
Wooden Utensils ( I used these)
Wooden beads (I used these)
Fleece fun’s FREE PNG file (located at the end of the post)
Thanksgiving Home Decoration DIY Instructions:
Step 1 – Prep the platter
To give the platter plenty of time to dry before we add the other elements – we’ll paint it first.
Since I’m using Chalk Paint there’s no need to prep or strip the platter.
Paint the Platter.
I like how the chalk paint gives it a matte look.
Tip: It had been a while since I used my chalk paint and it had dried out a bit – but adding some hot water to the can made it usable! Allow the platter to dry.
Step 2 – Cut out the words
Load the file into Design Space.
Using a fine point blade cut out the words.
Since it’s permanent Vinyl and not HTV there is no need to mirror.
Weed the vinyl.
Once it’s all weeded add the transfer tape.
Step 3 – Bring the Thanksgiving Home Decoration Together
Before you adhere anything to the platter – lay it out first to get and idea of the spacing,
First add the “Give Thanks” lettering.
Then add the forks and spoons.
It looked a little plain to me so I then decided to add the wooden beads.
Start at the bottom and work your way around –
I used two fingers in between each bead to get even spacing. Now you Thanksgiving Home Decoration is ready to go!
Fill Out the Form to Get the “Give Thanks” Lettering File
More Thanksgiving tutorials:
- Free “Thankful” printable banner
- Pin the Tail on the turkey game DIY
- Thankful Apron Free Pattern
- Hostess Apron Tutorial
- Thankful for Cake Toppers
- Autumn Leaves Pillow
- Fall Topiary Trees Craft
- Thanksgiving Printable to frame
- See All of the Thanksgiving Projects Here
More Cricut Maker Projects:
- DIY Tiara with free SVG Pattern
- 4th of July Pinwheel Wreath
- Cute Craft Room Trash Can DIY
- DIY Felt Flower Art
- Saving for Disney Money Jar
- Softie Baby Book DIY
- “Let Us Sew” SVG File
- Christmas Terrarium DIY
- How to Decorate a Notebook
- How to Sew a Quilt
- Pin the Tail on the Turkey Game
- How to make a Knight Helmet
- Stocking Advent Calendar
- Cricut Maker Cover Tutorial
- Halloween Mason Jars
- Luggage Tag DIY
- How to Make a Paper Chandelier
- You Can See All of Fleece Fun’s Cricut Projects Here
- Is it time to upgrade your Cricut Machine?