You can make a beautiful heart no sew hair clip that can work on many crafting projects! Great for Valentine’s day, weddings and adding a little something extra to sewing projects.
You will need the following:
1/8 yard satin (multiple colors if you like)
thread and needle (optional)
4 inches ribbon
clip or pin backing
rhinestone, or button for center
Video Tutorial Here – Full picture tutorial below
Heart No Sew Satin Hair Clip Tutorial
1 – Cut out Pattern
2 – Burn baby. burn!
Light the candle (be sure to have adult supervision) carefully burn the edges of the fabric – more if you want a vintage look, less if you just want it to be nicely finished. (This takes some practice so be patient, but it all comes together in the end – mess ups are nearly impossible to see).
The fabric will get hot and can light on fire – be careful ( By the way you do this at your own risk – I’ve singed fingers doing this.)
3 – Stack and arrange the heart
4 – Glue it all together
5 – Add some drama
8 – Glue clip to the back
Download the free pattern, tutorial below!
More Valentines Day Ideas:
- Valentines Day Wreath (Sweater look & free cut file)
- Rustic Heart Branch Decor (free cut file)
- Heart Tree (perfect for Tabletop or Mantle & free cut file)
- Valentines Day “Love” Sign Printable
- Valentines Day Candy Wraps and matching tray Printable
- “True Love” Printable Banner
- Heart Hair Clip DIY
- Heart Pillow (Free Pattern)
- Heart Hand warmers (upcycle project)
- How to Make a Giant Love Sign
- You Can See All of my Valentines Ideas Here.
- Chenille Heart Pillow Free Pattern