Easy Valentine’s Day Fleece Pillow Slipcover Tutorial
This content contains affiliate links or sponsored elements, read our Disclosure Policy.
Hello, this is Jess from Gracious Threads here once again to share with you another fun and easy sewing project.
I love decorating for the holidays, but don’t want to spend a long time on a project that will only be displayed for a short time. These pink fleece pillows are perfect for Valentine’s Day, but are such a small commitment in terms of time and materials that you’ll be making some for each holiday!
What you’ll need for each pillow:
1 14″ pillow form
1/2 yard of fleece
optional trim or emblishments
1. Out of your fleece, cut 1 square that is 15″X15″ and 2 rectangles that are 15″X12″. If you would like to embellish the front of the pillow, now is the time to do it. You can find directions on how to do the heart trim on my blog.
2. Fold under longer edge of rectangle by 1.5″ and topstitch it to hem. Repeat with the other rectangle.
3. With right sides together, place both rectangles on top of the square, with the hemmed edges overlapping in the middle.
4. Sew around all 4 sides with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
5. Turn right sides out and pop in the pillow form!
I love the look of pillows in groups of three, so I created 1 with chevron cuddle fleece (pictured above), 1 out of printed microfleece, and 1 out of velour with a heart embellishment (directions for the embellishment can be found on the Gracious Threads blog).
Handmade Gifts in a Flash: Your guide to making & giving joy!
Get lovely ideas for fast homemade gifts sent right to your inbox!