Hello everyone! I am Jonie from Knot Sew Normal, where I blog about a little of everything. I crochet, sew, cook and garden.
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year which means lots of little girl gifts are needed. My solution, this cute little purse that you can whip up in about 30 minutes. Add some hair clips, lipgloss and nail polish and you have the perfect gift for a little girl.
2 – exterior fabric & interfacing 5”x7.5
2 – ruffle fabric and interfacing – 2” x15”
2 – lining fabric – 6.5”x7.5”
1 – handle fabric and interfacing – 4”x10”
1 – 7″ zipper
2. Fold strap fabric in half lengthwise and press
3. Fold each side of strap fabric in towards middle crease and press
4. Topstitch along each long side of strap, set strap aside for later.
1. Gather your accent fabric to be the same width as your main fabric. (I set my stitch length to the longest stitch, and my tension to the highest setting and stitch 2 lines 1/8th and 1/4th of an inch away from the edge.)
2. Pin your gathered fabric to your main fabric and stitch with 1/2″ seam allowance. Press the seam towards the ruffled fabric.
3. You are going to make a zipper sandwich, lay your main fabric down right side up, then lay your zipper on top of that right side down and then your lining fabric right side down, pin well and stitch using your zipper foot. Repeat for your other main and lining fabrics.
4. Carefully press each side of your purse away from the zipper and then topstitch each side.
1. Open your zipper and pull your lining fabric and your main fabric apart, pinning each section with the RST, lining to lining and main to main. Make sure to sandwich your handle between your two main fabrics. Sew around outside edge with 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving an opening in the bottom of the lining fabric to turn your bag.
2. Clip corners of the pouch and turn right side out.
3. Press bag well and stitch your opening in lining closed.
4. Push lining to the inside and stuff with goodies.
Thank you again to FleeceFun.com for having me here for Handmade Saturday. I hope you love making and giving these little purses to some special people in your life. If you enjoyed this post please go over and check out a few of my other tutorial like The Summer Bag, 30 Minute Superhero Cape, and my Garden Apron. Also make sure to come over and check us out on Facebook.
Other Free Bag Patterns:
- All of the Free Bag and Purse Patterns available
- No Sew Hobo
- The Blogger Bag
- Leather Tote Bag
- Quick Sew Hobo
- Wine Bottle Gift Bag
- The Easy Book Bag
- Diaper Bag Tutorial
- The Man Satchel
- Shave Kit Case
- The Tablet Cover
- Quilted Leather Clutch
- Little Purse Tutorial
- Child Sheep Purse Tutorial
- Drawstring Backpack Tutorial
- Sleeping Bag Pack
You can find all the current Handmade gift ideas with tutorials here: